The objectives of ZIGF can be summarised as follows:
- To advance Internet Governance issues in Zimbabwe through a multi-stakeholder framework as well as facilitating partnerships and coalitions that deliver coordinated domestic responses, initiatives, and synergies that best promote and protect the nation’s position on the internet ecosystem.
- To increase awareness and build capacity on Internet Governance issues in Zimbabwe so as to ensure informed dialogue on policy and related matters between all stakeholders;
- To establish a coordinated and coherent framework for dealing with Internet Governance issues in Zimbabwe;
- To facilitate the participation of a broad range of stakeholders in Internet Governance issue; and
- To ensure Zimbabwe’s views are represented in the SAIGF, African Internet Governance Forum (AfIGF), ICANN and Global IGF.