AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-24 meeting to be held in Gaborone, Botswana, from 04 to 10 June 2016. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Should be a resident of Africa;
- Must not necessarily be an AFRINIC member;
- Must not necessarily have a technical background;
- Are willing to help AFRINIC staff onsite;
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country.
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them seven (7) days to accept or reject the offer. A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance by the selected candidates.
Please find hereafter the schedule for the fellowship process:
- 07 March 2016: Open Call for fellowship applications
- 02 April 2016: Close of applications
- 18 April 2016: Notification to selected fellows
- 29 April 2016: Deadline for acceptance by awarded fellow
- 02 May 2016: Final announcement and publication of the fellowship list
The fellowship includes:
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation (bed and breakfast) for the AFRINIC Plenary including the AFRINIC trainings to the last day of the event
If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the fellowship application form (http://registration.afrinic.net/events/node/5) and submit it with requested information before the 02 April 2016, 00:00 UTC.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your applications!
For more information please email us at: fellowship[at]afrinic.net.
The AFRINIC Meeting Team.