Online Open Consultation on "Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet"
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Council Working Group on international Internet-related public policy issues (CWG-Internet) is holding an Online Open Consultation on "Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet". This consultation is open to all stakeholders from ITU Member States and is running until September 2016. The Zimbabwe Internet Governance Forum (ZIGF) is coordinating responses to this consultative process and all interested stakeholders can contribute to this process by answering the following questions, on the appropriate threads of the ZIGF Blog:
Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote Internet connectivity?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote an affordable Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote the quality of access to the Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to build confidence and security in the use of the Internet?
- What is the role of Governments in building an enabling environment?
To contribute, please click on the 'Read more' button on the question that you wish to contribute on. This will display another window at the bottom of which will be a discussion box written 'Join the discussion .....'. You can type your contribution and save in that window. The Questions are numbered 1 to 5. You need to go to the blog posts of the questions in order to contribute.
The closing date for contributions is 12 August 2016, to enable the ZIGF to consolidate all stakeholder contributions. Prior to the closing date, the ZIGF will host some stakeholder breakfast meetings to discuss these questions. Stakeholders are requested to provide their email addresses with their contributions so that they can be notified of these meetings. For any enquiries you can contact the ZIGF secretariat at email@example.com. Contributions can also be made by email to the same address.